The purpose of this group study is to help people overcome disappointments and setbacks that have hindered their emotional and spiritual development. The group will help participants understand how to be set free so that they can grow and become all that God has designed them to be. This is a natural sequel to "Insight" and focuses on transitioning from being captive to being free. This emphasis is central to helping inmates look to the future with hope and understanding to be better equipped to function once released. Like "Insight", this is intensely personal and requires trust and sharing. Free to Grow is also appropriate as a standalone study.
This book was written by Dr. Jimmy Ray Lee of Turning Point Ministries. A separate Facilitator Guide is also available.
12 Lessons. 71 Pages. Designed for 2-hour sessions.
| Sample Questions ||Session Topics |
- What are some of the common masks that people use to conceal their real identity or feelings?
- In what ways will you practice looking up to Jesus rather than looking down this week?
- Who am I?
- Unmasked Faces
- Facing the Truth of Disappointment
- Forgive as God Forgave
- Setting Boundaries
- Childlike Versus Childish
- Making Choices
- Freedom and Responsibility
- Fresh Start
- Developing the Character of Christ
- Developing Freedom in Christ
- Developing a Future in Christ