Early Registration Discount (30 Day Advance Registration)
Register today for only $1745 - Save $50.00!
You have selected our High Voltage Vehicle Safety Training in Santa Ana, CA on November 7-8, 2023.
The course will be held at: TBD
* Tuesday & Wednesday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Central Time
Additional correspondence including precourse work will be sent at least three weeks prior to beginning of course.
This training is important for a wide range of employees beyond technicians. This includes managers, supervisors, office staff, and support personnel in service and collision repair facilities. Additionally, insurance customer support personnel should understand how to handle customer inquiries related to hybrid and electric vehicle (EV) accidents and malfunctions. Automotive manufacturers, battery recycling, EV battery repair, and EV device manufacturers and suppliers can all benefit from high-voltage safety training.
As a leader in safety, DEKRA has created comprehensive training for high-voltage safety in the automotive industry. Electric and hybrid vehicles are the future of the automotive industry. By 2030, electric vehicles are projected to account for 32% of the U.S. automotive market, growing to 45% by 2035. As the number of electric vehicles on the road increases, it’s critical that each member of your team be prepared to handle the potential dangers associated with high-voltage systems and components. This training provides a basic understanding of how electric vehicles work, appropriate standards and safety precautions to take when work on or around EVs. Each in-person course is led by a highly trained automotive expert with extensive experience working with high-voltage systems and based on the latest standards in electric vehicle technology.
There is a written exam at the end of day 2.
- Recognize and define the introductory principles of electricity and Identify basic electrical schematics
- Identify components of an electric vehicle and high voltage battery
- Classify capacitor types, their important role and relationship to batteries in high voltage vehicle power systems
- Identify Types of Measuring Tools to safely test High Voltage in Electric Vehicles and determine which high voltage work tasks can be conducted while the high voltage system is energized
- Identify causes of arc flashes in high voltage vehicles how to apply ways to mitigate the risk.
- Identify precautionary safety measures for the workplace when working on high voltage vehicles and determine appropriate response to injuries.
- Discuss data relating to the number of injuries and fatalities that occur in the industry.
- Identify the correct PPE types for work conducted while working on high voltage vehicles
- Demonstrate how to diagnose a battery issue while working on damaged or wrecked high voltage vehicles
- Identify potential risks prior to handling a high voltage vehicle
- Define dangers and how to properly store a high voltage vehicle to lower potential risks
Please Complete the Student Form to Register: